New Account Information
The district has a $27.10 per acre assessment, which is collected by the County in property taxes as a special district tax. These assessments must be paid in order to receive a water delivery.

Water is always pre-paid. You are responsible for making sure the correct funds are available when you place your water order. As of April 1, 2016 the price is $47.50 per acre ft. of water. The minimum order is 100 Arizona minors’ inches for 6 hours. This means you will get 1122 gpm or 1.24 acre foot of water in 6hrs. The cost of this minimum order is $58.90 per irrigation.

The District requires smaller property owners with fewer than 5 acres to form a structured irrigation group of all the properties in a new mini sub-division to irrigate together with one person in charge of contacting RID.

This means one person in the group will be responsible for the following:

  • Setting up an account, listing all parcel numbers involved.
  • Paying on the account.
  • Ordering water.
  • Contacting the main office with any problems concerning delivery at (623) 386-2046 during business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m. 7 days a week, including holidays. This number will provide a recorded message giving contact information after hours. Because we are in a drought, this helps the District manage our labor cost and water usage more efficiently. 

All orders must be called into the office by 3:30p.m. the day before you would like to get your water. This does not mean you are guaranteed water the following day; the District will fill all water orders as water becomes available. Each acre in the district has a prorate amount of water per acre. This is because there are periods during the year when, RID has a demand that exceeds our supply. During this time you will be allowed .317 ac. ft. of water per acre listed in your account every 21 days.

Ditch Maintenance and Repair.

The district has a network of ditches extending south from our main canal to properties within the district boundaries. RID has ownership, easement or right-of-way for these ditches. The RID will only service and maintain its own lateral ditches and some of the crossings along our operating and maintenance roads. The District does not provide repairs on private property.

I hope this will answer some of your questions and get you started in the right direction.  Please call the District office with any questions or concerns.

Welcome to the District and thank you for your interest.